If you’re hungry and want to eat, if you’re fed up feeding yourself on silly snacks in between endless office hours, if you -however- still enjoy snacking, if you are expecting friends or playing poker tonight or just want something to munch on a road trip and don’t want to stop off for supplies, if you want to stay home and have something to nibble on all day whilst sipping a coffee, still wearing your pyjamas and listening to music, or if you simply love cheese pies made with feta , then you’re on the right road…the ‘Eaaaaasy!’ road…
This particular cheese pie is classified as easy for two reasons: firstly, because -if you are greek- it’s very likely you already have all the ingredients at home, and, secondly, it doesn’t require specific cooking techniques or a special certificate of expertise, you don’t have to roll out dough or weigh anything…
You don’t even need to write this recipe down since you’ll use the yoghurt tub to weigh everything (greek strained yoghurt being one of the ingredients).
This recipe makes a small … mountain of small cheese pies which, as soon as they come out of the oven and are still sizzling hot are divine, in the first couple of hours they’re sublime and fluffy, and the first couple of days they’re…a quick snack solution!
Try it and tell me what you think…
Easiest Cheese Pie Everrrrr!!!
- 1 tub of greek strained yoghurt (2% fat), about 200 grams.
- 1 tub olive oil (attention: not full to the brim but to where the yoghurt reached, so that your pies aren’t too greasy). You may want to use half a tub at first and then add more if you need to make your mix more elastic.
- 1 tub grated feta
- 1 tub greek salty cheese (like, kefalograviera, pecorino, metsovone)
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 450 gm/15.87 oz self raising flour
- Rosemary or thyme and chives, finely chopped
- Sesame or fennel seeds to sprinkle on top (optional, but highly recommended).
Simply mix all the ingredients well together with a spoon until the dough is nice and easy to shape .
Leave the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Roll out small oval or round cheese pies between your palms.
Cover a baking tray with a sheet of greaseproof paper and place the pies on top, leaving 2-3 cm/0.78-1.18 inches between each one (they will rise during baking).
Sprinkle with sesame or whatever you chose.
Bake in a fan-assisted oven at 180C/356F for 25 minutes.